Visa instructions for the Schengen visa for short stay are in accordance with the Regulation (EC No. 810/2009) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13.07.2009 establishing the Community Code on Visas (valid from 05.04.2010).
The Republic of Slovenia is part of Schengen area from 21.12.2007.
1.VISA PROCEDURE GENERAL INFORMATION
Turkish citizens need a visa to enter the Republic of Slovenia. The residents of Turkey applying for the Schengen visa issued by Slovenia HAVE TO apply at the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Ankara. Turkish residents of Istanbul can apply at Hungarian general Consulate in Istanbul as well as at the outsourcing agency AS VISA. Please visit the website of the before mentioned agency:http://www.as-visa.com/ . Nationals of the third countries where Slovenia has NO representation and is not represented by one of the Schengen Member States in visa procedure can apply for Slovenian visa at any Slovenian Embassy. The nationals (also residents) of third countries where Slovenia has a representation in visa procedure by one of the Schengen Member States MUST apply at the Embassy of the Schengen Member State in a respective country. It is advisable to contact Embassy before applying for the visa and obtain further information (official hours, the duration of procedure, etc.). You may not apply for a visa at every diplomatic mission or consular post of the Republic of Slovenia. Applications may not be submitted at missions and permanent representations of the Republic of Slovenia to international organisations or at consulates general headed by honorary consuls or honorary consuls general.
According to the Visa Code the application is admissible no more then three months before the start of the intended visit and not less then 15 calendar days before the intended visit. The procedure on the Embassy (considering that all requested documentation was delivered and interview was done) takes from 10 to 14 working days.
To apply for a visa an applicant has to submit an application form and all other requested documents to the Embassy in person. At the time of the submittion of the documents an applicant will have to undergo an interview.
If you are a family member of an EU citizen click here.
THE VISA DOCUMENTATION CONSIST OF:
A. Basic documentation
• Application form,
• Valid passport together with a copy of a biographic page and coppies of pages with previous and recent visas and a copy of the pages with entry/exit stamps, remarks…
• One photo of the applicant (not more than 3 months old, in color, in accordance with ICAO standard, undamaged and of good quality),
• An international insurance from insurance companies, which are applied by Embassies of Schengen Member States in respective countries, valid for Schengen area for the period of stay
• The visa fee of 60 EUR.
To start the visa procedure the applicant should pay visa procedure fees of 60 EUR. In case visa is refused, fees will not be reimbursed. Procedure will not be started before visa procedure fee is settled.
B. Additional documentation which depends on the purpose of traveling:
- Business trip
- Private visit of family or friends
- Culture, Sport, Conference
- Study, Training
- Truck drivers (Special Notice!)
At the time of the submittion of the documents an applicant should check that:
- all fields in the visa application form are filled in
- application form is signed
- all additional documents are in original
- period of validity and number of entry stated on the visa sticker must be in accordance with the intended stay in the Schengen area
- application must be submitted on time
Visa application forms are available at all diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Slovenia where visa applications may be submitted, and on the following link. The application form is free of charge. In cases of emergency, Slovenian diplomatic missions and consular posts may accept an application form used locally by diplomatic missions of other EU Member States.
At the time of delivery of visa the applicant should check that:
- all the data on the visa sticker is correct
- period of validity and number of entry stated on the visa sticker allow the visa holder to travel during the intended period
- the appropriate type of travel (private, business, tourism,…) is stated on the visa sticker
In case the data on the visa sticker are false, visa holder has to immediately contact the consular employee.
Validity of passport must exceed validity of visa for at least 3 months. During a procedure the Embassy has the right to ask for additional documents and to request an interview with an applicant. When the visa is applied for the passport has to have at least 2 free pages and can not be issued more then 10 years ago.
2. VISA PROCEDURE IN COUNTRIES WHERE SLOVENIA IS REPRESENTED BY OTHER SCHENGEN MEMBER STATE
The nationals of third countries where Slovenia is represented in visa procedure by other Schengen Member State MUST apply for a visa at the Embassy of that Schengen Member State.
The following Embassies of Schengen Member States represent Slovenia in visa procedures (link)
3. TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE
4. ISSUING OF VISAS
5. WHAT IF I AM REFUSED A VISA?
6. APPEAL AGAINST REFUSAL OF VISA
7. WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS OF THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS AFTER ARRIVING IN SLOVENIA?
8. WHAT DOCUMENTS SHOULD THE GUARANTOR INCLUDE?